About Me

My photo
Hi there! I'm a mom of 3 boys and happily married to my husband for the past 13 yrs! I work full time and try and take care of everything home related as well- basically I'm tired and loving life! I love to try new things- especially cooking! I love the outdoors, music, old movies, church, and my family!

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Tried it and loved it!

So I'm eating clean and doing a pretty good job at keeping it but.... I NEED CHOCOLATE!!! I have tons of recipes "pinned" so I thought I would put one to the test. Well it passed!!! thanks to  Monique  @  http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/ I have a yummy clean snack to curb my sweet tooth and not feel the quilt or the calories later. So without further ado here's the recipe and my little tweaks:

Healthy Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Oat Breakfast Bars:


INGREDIENTS
  • 2 1/4 cups gluten free oats
  • 1/2 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 3 medium ripe bananas
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (gluten free, if desired)
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 cup honey (agave nectar if vegan)
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips (vegan, if desired)
  • For chocolate drizzle:
  • 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (vegan, if desired)
  • 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9x9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. To make oat flour: Place oats into blender or food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes until oatmeal resembles flour. You may need to stop blender and stir oats a couple of times to ensure that all oats have been blended. Transfer oat flour medium bowl; whisk in baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
  3. Place bananas, vanilla, applesauce, and honey into blender; blend 1-2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add to oat flour mixture and mix until just combined.
  4. Gently fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly with rubber spatula. Bake for 15 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Cool 10-15 minutes on wire rack.
  5. Prepare drizzle by adding 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high 30 seconds; stir well to combine then drizzle over the top of bars. Cut bars into 16 squares and enjoy!


My personal note: I used agave nectar and I didn't have any coconut oil on hand so I just mixed a little almond milk to the chocolate chips and it worked great!

Monique has some great tips so go see her site and what wonderful things she has to offer! http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2014/02/healthy-banana-bread-chocolate-chip-oat-breakfast-bars-vegan-gluten-free/

Enjoy and as always I would love to hear for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment