About Me

My photo
Hi there! I'm a mom of 3 boys and happily married to my husband for the past 13 yrs! I work full time and try and take care of everything home related as well- basically I'm tired and loving life! I love to try new things- especially cooking! I love the outdoors, music, old movies, church, and my family!

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Newest Tries

Happy New Year! The holidays were crazy, fun, and over... I would like to thank my family for putting up with my mom crazy. There was lots of food, family, service, and new recipes to try- all my FAVORITE things.

Here are some that I recently tried and I WILL be making again!

The first one comes from a favorite of mine @Averiecoooks: I had bought a large carton of blueberries and was going to make muffins for the family but my husband said he couldn't eat them until the weekend for his "cheat day". So like anybody now a days, I went to Pinterest for some inspiration for "clean/skinny" muffin recipes. Averie saved me again! My family loved them! Husband wanted to take them to work and my oldest crazy ate 3 for breakfast!

http://www.averiecooks.com/2015/09/skinny-blueberry-muffins.html#

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Cashewmilk (Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk or another milk may be substituted)
  • 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil (liquid-state coconut oil may be substituted)
  • 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 0% fat but other Greek yogurt or sour cream may be substituted)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 and 1/2 cups fresh blueberries tossed in 2 tablespoons flour (helps prevent sinking)
Alisha's tweaks: I don't think I would change a thing! why change a good thing.


My other choose new recipe comes from a women I feel as if we probably have a lot in common
@lifewith4boys- Kathleen.
Our church meetings got moved to late afternoon so it's crock pot Sundays this year. Did you know you could make BREAD in your slow cooker?! Kathleen nailed it! this yummy, easy, time efficient recipe is bread to my butter. lol get it ;)

http://www.lifewith4boys.com/2014/01/easy-crockpot-bread-recipe.html?m=1

No tweaks needed for this recipe either- when you find a good one you keep it! Plus it's only 6 ingredients! Now you could use wheat flour to make a nice honey wheat bread- I might just be trying that this weekend.

3 cup Flour
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp or 1 packet Yeast
2 tbsp Sugar or Honey
2 tbsp Oil
1 cup warm (not hot!) Water



                   *my bread fell because I moved it to soon to check the bottom- so be careful of that.


Thanks for stopping by and feel free to drop me a line :)

No comments:

Post a Comment