About Me

My photo
Hi there! I'm a mom of 3 boys and happily married to my husband for the past 13 yrs! I work full time and try and take care of everything home related as well- basically I'm tired and loving life! I love to try new things- especially cooking! I love the outdoors, music, old movies, church, and my family!

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Tisket a Tasket filling those Easter baskets

Well it's almost Easter and by now if you're like me this week is filled with parties at school, church picnic's and WAY to many egg hunts. I LOVE chocolate just as much as almost every other women but all that Easter candy just adds up and by Sunday I'm not really feeling like the Easter bunny should be bringing my kids any in their baskets. I thought some of you might feel the same way so here are some quick, small, easy, and cheap non-candy Easter basket filler ideas.

younger kiddos:
play dough (DIY Carrot playdough-  http://www.thatswhatchesaid.net/2014/play-dough-recipe/)
bubbles
Annie's snacks- they are in the shape of bunnies!
stickers
small stuffed animals (I am personally not a fan)
little ponies or hot wheels
small dress up accessories
hair accessories
bow ties/ties
little gardening tools
coloring books and crayons
books
finger puppets (see link below for some DIY ideas)
little flashlights
DVD
legos/duplos

older kids:
trading cards
gift cards-Sonic (fast food place), iTunes, Google
make up
fingernail polish
jewelry
action figures/collectibles
books
cap
tie (boy) scarf (girls)
gum/mints
body spray
book light
DVD
legos

If you are feeling crafty and have a few mins to spare: A.tell me your secret and B. here are some easy FREE printables that would make a great basket filler.

First we have Egg coupons from U-createcrafts.com. These are super cute and easy... just print, cut, and fill your eggs! These will be in my kids eggs when they go hunting.

Next one I found is geared towards younger kids but if my older one gets board enough at church he'll play with them too. Easter Lacing Cards from Everydaydishes.com. Again, easy peasy and I'm going to laminate mine so they last longer.


If you are feeling REALLY crafty this website has a list of 8 different finger puppets you can choose from ranging from quick and kid friendly to I hope you've got more than a few mins. to spare. All cute and great!

Hope you all have a blessed and safe Easter. 

* I was not given any monetary means to promote or suggest these websites/items. 

No comments:

Post a Comment