About Me

My photo
Hi there! I'm a mom of 3 boys and happily married to my husband for the past 13 yrs! I work full time and try and take care of everything home related as well- basically I'm tired and loving life! I love to try new things- especially cooking! I love the outdoors, music, old movies, church, and my family!

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

New recipe- Sweet potato Salmon Cakes

Clean eating this week and getting in the groove of being more healthy!!! with that I had to get some new recipes to try, because healthy or not I LOVE new recipes. I'm a foodie, I can't help it. So I found a recipe on Pinterest (what did we ever do without it?) and I played with it and this is what I turned it into:

Sweet Potato salmon cakes:
makes about 6 cakes

1 med sweet potato (I “baked” mine in the microwave in wax paper to cut down on the time)
10 oz Fresh Salmon (cook in some olive oil and season with pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.)
Egg-1
½ Lemon
Flour-1 tbsp plus extra for dusting
Parsley-just eye ball it (it’s not a lot)
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste
Olive oil (whatever oil you use)
For the sauce (optional)
Greek yogurt, plain- 1/2 cup
Chives, chopped
Garlic, pressed- ½  clove
Lemon juice-  (I just squeezed some in)

Instructions
In a large mixing bowl combine mashed potatoes and salmon (while making sure no skin or bones end up in there- after I got done cooking mine I “chopped” the salmon up tossed it back into the pan to make sure it was fully cooked)  and break an egg into it.
Add the lemon zest to the mixture, juice the lemon and pour it in as well along with chopped parsley and flour. Mix everything well, add seasonings to taste.
Scoop the mixture with an ice cream scoop to get even-sized cakes and roll them in the flour on your flour dusted board or plate, flatten them slightly to form a patty. Fry salmon cakes in hot oil until golden and crunchy on the outside.
For the sauce mix yogurt, lemon juice, chopped chives and minced garlic in a small bowl.

Add salt and pepper to taste. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes before serving for the flavors to blend.

Here is the original recipe if you would like to try it as well (must give credit- without this recipe I wouldn't have come up with my own!)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment