About Me

My photo
Hi there! I'm a mom of 3 boys and happily married to my husband for the past 13 yrs! I work full time and try and take care of everything home related as well- basically I'm tired and loving life! I love to try new things- especially cooking! I love the outdoors, music, old movies, church, and my family!

Friday, October 23, 2015

Unwaivering faith- Do I have it?

I'm going deep today... maybe it's the rain we're getting here in Texas, but the following story is close to home- literally.

As most people know Central Texas had devastating floods this year over the Memorial Day weekend. Jonathan McCombs was among the many who suffered loss but how he's handling it is a testimony of God and faith. I have never had to experience loss on a large level and I am grateful to God that I haven't but I know the day will come where I will have to deal with losing someone that I believe I can't live without. I can only hope and pray that I have the courage and faith to handle it with as much love and dignity as this man. After reading the article (which you will need tissues) it made me realize how much most of us take for granted and how each day needs to be lived in happiness. To focus on even the smallest and simplest joys in every moment we have and not just with the ones we love but to give service and reach out to others. I have been trying to do this more in my life even before reading the article but now it just resonates even more. Here's to a new day everyday and trying to find joy one day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment